PLS-00907: cannot load library unit

From: Raamsdonk J. van <J.van.Raamsdonk_at_centraal.boekhuis.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:56:08 +0100

Hi all,

I am migrating an Oracle DB from v7.3.4.4 to v8.1.6.2 on AIX4.3.3. Procedures and functions that use database links to a v7-database yield "PLS-00907: cannot load library unit" when I try to recompile them. With this are mentioned the objects that are supposed to be granted over the dblink (the "library units").

Whatever I try to do (drop and remake the dblink, create new synonyms, grants on everything which is referenced in the invalid object), nothing works.

Metalink has only a terse acknowledgement of this problem and offers a bogus solution ("Provide the needed library unit" - doh!).

Anyone has experience with this?
Tia,

Jos van Raamsdonk (j.van.raamsdonk_at_nospam.centraal.boekhuis.nl) Centraal Boekhuis BV
Netherlands. Received on Wed Mar 07 2001 - 04:56:08 CST