Ordering by a number, date or text

From: roy fells <molson_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:24:57 -0500

Hello all,

    First I would like to thank the person who gave me help figuring out my decode in order to sort by, sorry I can't give a name, but I can't access hotmail from work and that is where my mail is. I really appreciate it. When i can access hotmail I will thank you by name.

Ok now to my second part, now I am at the point where after passing a parameter to my report I can order the elements in my list but I have a problem. When I send the parameter I check a it's value and then place the cirteria it is to be ordered by in the order field. My problem is that when I do this the order is treating my numbers as text/characters and subsiquintly when sorting personel by hours they have placed in a job, a person with 23 hours comes before someone with 6 while someone with 2 hours comes before the person with 23 so the order is ordering by the first character, and I need it to order by the value of the number. Does anyone know why thus might be happening? Yes my hours are set as a number, i think it has something to do with the fact that the parameter is a string, could that be the problem??

Thanks for any and all help.
Roy Fells Received on Wed Mar 07 2001 - 08:24:57 CST