Re: Need help with Oracle for Netware - Multiple Instances on the same box

From: steve <E_at_E.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:12:33 +0800

hi,
the problem was with older versions, since the poster did not state what he was using.

there are several issues,

  1. oracle appear to be de-supporting all 8/8I versions of the oracle ( thanks oracle, just as I convinced management to forkout big $$$ for your software)
  2. There is something about de-support on netware for all current+future versions floating about on their website.
  3. all novell software tracks have disappeared. ( $200 for a cd for development)
  4. I've been using oracle on netware and find it a sloppy/buggy implementation. 8 thru 8.1.5.0.4.

I also want to drop the novell, but cannot convince management to pay for a 'REAL' server, so opted for linux, which would be a re-format and re-install of a current novell 4.2 2 licence server.

steve