Re: ora-12154

From: William Bailey <billbailey64_at_netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:49:35 GMT

You don't say what the server manager command you typed was, but it sounds like you haven't configured your naming method (i.e. tnsnames.ora) ... this error means the connect string (TNS Service Name) you are trying to connect to couldn't be found via whatever naming service you configured (typically tnsnames.ora, but could be other ... e.g host naming, external naming, or Oracle Names). Run the Oracle Net Assistant and make sure you create a service name for the newly installed database ...usually this happens by default, but perhaps something went wrong.