SQL*Loader - deriving column from read rows

From: <hanton32_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2001 19:12:24 GMT

I am loading a file using SQL*loader (Personal Oracle 7.2 for Win 95) that looks like this :

0header source1
1details
1details..
0header source2
1details
.

What I would like to do during the load is add a new column to the detail records. So that my loaded table will have source as the first column and I can then distinguish the detail records and their source.

any ideas appreciated!

thanks
hani