Re: Need help with Oracle for Netware - Multiple Instances on the same box

From: steve <E_at_E.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:00:59 +0800

Hi, couple of points, 1.there was a know problem on netware with multiple instances on the same box, depending on the oracle version. 2. oracle have de-supported netware, you may be better looking at possibly linux.

steve

Per Pettersson <info_at_ppss.de> wrote:

> I want to consolidate two different databases, now running on two
machines, I want to run them > on one server. > > I think it has to go some thing like this: > svrmgr > set instance s:sid1 > connect internal > startup pfile=...pfile1 > disconnect > set instance s:sid2 > connect internal > startup pfile=...pfile2 > disconnect > > but wich (not data) files has to be the same, wich parameters (ifile?) has to be the same and how to > cofigure the listener? I dont think I need two listeners, is that correct? > > by the way... is there a smooth way to change the database name ( both are named oracle...)? and tell me, > to change the sid on an instance, is it all in the init.ora? > > Thanks in advance, > > Per Pettersson Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 19:00:59 CST