Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.tools -> After I done a Full Export of my database, how do I move this database to another database with a different instance name

After I done a Full Export of my database, how do I move this database to another database with a different instance name

From: Tim Lee <timothy.yw.lee_at_philips.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:45:40 +0800

Dear all:

I have two Oracle instances reside on my NT server

One is for production, and one is for testing.

Now I would like to move my entire production database to my testing database.
So I have done a full database export of my production database

But I realise that now when I do the full import to my testing database, because the tesing database have a different instance name as the production one, it will try to re-create all these objects in the production database during the import.

What should I do to move all objects form my production database to the testing database?

Thanks for all your help in advance! Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 20:45:40 CST