Re: Real-world object use?

From: Alexei Olkhovskii <aolkhov_at_messages.to>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:48:15 -0800

Gerard Averill <gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:905BBF3F5gaverill_at_144.92.88.10...
> I was wondering if anyone has used or is using the new object-oriented
 features
> of Oracle 8.x as part of a "real-world" application. Since these
 features,
> from an object-oriented standpoint, are still a little thin, IMHO, I'd be
> interested in how developers are making use of them.

I tried to use these features on 8.1.5 and gave up after several attempts. Below is a brief list of drawback and "features" i've faced. If something is fixed in release 3, please, let me know, maybe i will find myself brave (or stupid) enough to approach them again :)

This seemed to me enough to stop messing with objects and return to orthodox methods.

Best regards, Alexei
.. As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 02:48:15 CST