Re: Windows ME

From: Boyce Williams <bgwillia_at_vcu.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:00:23 GMT

I had the same problem installing Oracle8i 8.1.5 client (that came with the database textbook) on my Windows Me computer. A lot of fellow students who had computers from Windows 2000 down to Windows '98 had the same problem. After discussing and experimenting on the problem with my professor, we concluded that the Java install engine that comes with the newer versions of Oracle is the culprit. I borrowed my professor's Oracle8 8.1.2 and installed the SQL Client off of it. It installed like a charm.

--Boyce Williams--