Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.tools -> VB6:Oracle 8 accessed with ADO:A given HROW referred to a hard- or soft deleted row / insufficient key field information

VB6:Oracle 8 accessed with ADO:A given HROW referred to a hard- or soft deleted row / insufficient key field information

From: Bernd Rosenau <brosenau_at_gss-online.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 21:10:24 +0100

Hello,

our VB 6 application acceses an Oracle 8 database with ADO.

After deleting a row using the ADO recordset
(me.controlname.recordset.delete) I get the above-mentioned errors.

What goes wrong ?

The Oracle table has a numeric column as primary key. This column is filled automatically with a trigger (autoincrement)

The indexname is not the same as the column the index is set on
(indexname is SYS_C006044, column name is ID_FOLDERS)

Can this be the reason for the "insufficient key field information" ?

I made the column ID_FOLDERS the primary key with the following statement

ALTER TABLE FOLDERS
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_FOLDERS ) What is missing that the corresponding index has the name ID_FOLDERS ?

Many thanks in advance

Regards, Bernd    Received on Mon Mar 05 2001 - 14:10:24 CST