Help with datafiles

From: Mark Wenham <markwenham_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 13:30:02 -0500

Please can anyone help me ....

Is it possible to remove a datafile once it has been created. I have user1 and user2 files that are both datafiles belonging to the users tablespace.

Very stupidly I overcopied a different version of user2 so that the tablespace now finds a dbwr file error (the files are slightly differnet sizes) when I try to bring it online. I do not have a copy of the original user2 that was overwritten. The only was around this as far as I can see is to somehow try and remove the user2 datafile from the tablespace. I do not want to drop the entire tablespace.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful as I think I currently have an unusable database......

Many thanks

Mark Received on Sun Mar 04 2001 - 12:30:02 CST