Re: How to change the language of Oracle messages?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:20:06 +0800

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:59:38 +0800, Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>We are using Oracle 8.0.5 EE, and we choose Taiwan - Traditional
>Chinese when install the server as well as the client program.
>Naturally, the messages shown in, say, SQLPLUS are in Chinese,
>however. If we need to see the original English messages, what is the
>procedure? Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Dino

I've got the answer now:
(1) In SQLPLUS:
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE="TRAIDITIONAL CHINESE" ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE="AMERICAN" SELECT * FROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS;
(2)In Registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\NLS_LANG="TRADITIONAL CHINESE_[CATEGORY].[CHARSET]"
Keep the [CATEGORY] and [CHARSET] parts, change "TRADITIONAL CHINESE" to "AMERICAN" or back.

Regards,
Dino Received on Sun Mar 04 2001 - 22:20:06 CST