Running catalog.sql and catproc.sql a second time

From: Mark Patterson <mpatterson_at_iel.ie>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:22:33 +0000

Hi,

I have a database that seems to occasionally display unwarranted error messages.
For instance - our application will receive an "ORA-00942 table or view does not exist" error message when the table in question does in fact exist and the user has the correct privileges.

This only occurs very infrequently, and most often the same statement works fine. It probably only fails on about one in a hundred executions.

After exhaustively examining the database (fruitlessly!) I'm beginning to think there may be a corruption or error in the system views and/or tables. I would like to recreate these if possible.

Is it possible to run catalog.sql and catproc.sql a second time without damaging the existing schema and stored procedures or can theses scripts only be run at database creation?

Thanks,
Mark. Received on Fri Mar 02 2001 - 06:22:33 CST