pro*c: raw to char

From: Thomas Mielke <Thomas_Mielke_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:38:59 +0100

a database table column is declared as raw(8).

I want to retrieve the value into a char host variable, with or without ending zero, it doesn't matter.

documentation tells me that raw data is not converted at all, but I can only receive the raw(8) data into a char[16] variable. The converted data looks like a "sprintf (char_data, "%16.16X", raw_data)".

is it possible to simply copy the raw(8) data into a char[8] variable, without any conversion?

Thomas Received on Fri Mar 02 2001 - 14:38:59 CST