how do I select all column plus an alias via a query

From: <u545532226_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:37:54 GMT

I'm trying to get all of the fields of a table, plus a calculated column via a select query. Other databases (SQL Server, Access) can handle this functionality. If oracle can't, I will have to work around it. (A view on the server is not an option because the selects are dynamically created)

An example of what I would want:
SELECT *, SAL + COMM AS TOTAL FROM SCOTT.BONUS; The error message "ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected" appears when this is run. (I'm running Oracle 8)

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Sent by jteipel from  patientcentrix included in  com