Re: Using Index-Organized Table (IOT)

From: Putrasto <putrasto_at_mmedia-i.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:29:29 +0700

have you noticed that IOT table automatically sorted when you insert or delete rows?
So i think it will be best for 'paging', because i don't need to sort the table for move next page or previous page. Even the documentation tells not to depend on this automatic sorting still SQL with 'sort by' has very little overhead on IOT table. Thank for your suggestion with implementation on reference table I absolutely agree with that.