Is it possible to have an outer join with a group by in the same query ?

From: kilidire <cr389_at_torfree.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:14:44 GMT

Is it possible to have an outer join select together with a group by in the same query statement ?

Right now, I have to create a temporary table to hold the values from one statement and run the 2nd statement like this :

// Load data into the temporary table quick, using a group by
insert into quick select symbol,Max(transDate) from account group by symbol;

// run an outer join select

select s.symbol, q.transDate from symbols s, quick q where s.symbol=q.symbol (+);

I'd be very thankful if someone could show me how to combine these 2 queries together. Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 01:14:44 CST