SQL: whitespaces in like-clauses?

From: Stefan Röhle <roehle_at_mail.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:30:55 +0100

Hello,

I wanted to select all rows from a table that start with '12 3456' - two numbers followed by space and then again 4 numbers. What I tried is:

SELECT vw_lieferung FROM vw_data WHERE vw_lieferung LIKE '__ ____%';

but I get no results (No rows selected). How do I have to treat the space character inside the like clause?

Stefan

PS: Please reply to my email address as well. Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 07:30:55 CST