Joining tables from two separate oracle databases possible

From: Will Kramer <willardkNOSPAM_at_email.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:16:14 GMT

I'm have oracle 8.1 client installed on my NT box and two databases I have access to via tcp/ip and mention in tnsnames.ora. Is there a way via sql to access both databases at the same time and do a simple join...like lastname to lastname???

If not are there ways of doing this? do I need third party software?

any help , or directions to the right spot would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Will Kramer Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 14:16:14 CST