Calling Java program from Oracle 8.0 Trigger

From: Ravi Kumar <ravik_at_luc.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2001 00:11:11 GMT

Folks,

    I have a requirement, wherein a external java program would have to be called on a trigger execution (Oracle8.0, solaris2.6), passing the result of the trigger to the java program. I can think of a solution wherein the trigger would write to a temprory table, which would be polled by another java program to obtain the result. Can any one help me with a better solution to this problem. I am open to writing the trigger in PL/SQL or SQLJ to solve this problem in a single step.

Ravi Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:11:11 CST