Re: Personal Oracle and P2P Network

From: wysza <awysza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 00:58:09 GMT

I don't exactly know what is the question here... You treat it basically as standard server. So :
* install personal on one computer with demo database, * configure listener and service name (net8 Assistant) - using tcp/ip I remember, last time when I played with personal, it had sth like 'start' and 'stop' database (available from menu start/programs... ). I did it on Win98, so I had to start listener from either command line (sth like: "lsnctrl.exe start") or go to registry and change one of existing entries: "listener start" to "AUTO" (so when you start database, listener start with it automatically).
After you're done with server, go to another computer, configure service name (net8 or easy config) to point to your db. And your done. have fun
wysza

"Bob Sabo" <bsabo_at_cncdsl.com> wrote in message news:97jhtg$ibu_at_freepress.concentric.net...
> Basic newbie question. I am a home user with a peer to peer network. I
 want
> to run Oracle and have my teenage sons learn something about it. It is
> Oracle 8i Personal Edition downloaded as a trial. The network is all W2k
 SP1