Re: Listeners

From: Darryl <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:24:14 GMT

Sybrand,

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the listener.log and listener.ora files, and commented out a line in listener.ora that was something like "USE PLUG_AND_PLAY_LISTENER = YES". The listener started right up!

I'm a client-server application developer by trade, but on this project development team I'm also playing "Junior Oracle DBA", so as not to bother the real Oracle DBAs in the company. So far, so good. I can create instances, databases, tables, fields, constraints, indexes, etc. - plenty to build test systems. And now I'm learning about Listeners :)

Thanks,
Darryl

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:odqm9tc1jjpj33hqnhr45po8l5evlgbccf_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:59:24 GMT, "Darryl" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm running 8i on NT, and I recently stopped the TNSListener service.
 Now