Re: Who should release to production ?

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_xlgbow.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:56:41 +0100

My company has just been through an IT audit on exactly this point. 2 points came out:

  1. User acceptance testing (UAT) is vital for all developments, but bug fixes can be released as long as a log is kept.
  2. No matter what you do, there must be a consistent and documented methodology for development & releases. This applies as much to 1 developer as to 100.