Re: pro*c

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:00:47 +0100

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:38:49 -0000, "John Haran" <john_at_haran19.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how I compile program written in C containing embedded
>sql
>to an executable pro*c file?

The correct steps to work with pro*c are:

-use pro*c calls in your c program
-precompile the program using the pro*c precompiler
-compile the resulting program with your own c compiler
-link the program with the Oracle provided makefile

If you don't have the documentation (which explains this) it is online at http://technet.oracle.com

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 15:00:47 CST