Help on SQL Plus Connection Error

From: Philip Marshall <pjm_at_theclose.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:19:14 +0000

I've recently re-installed Oracle 8i Lite and confirmed that the starter database POLITE does exist, using the Oracle8 Navigator.

When I start up SQL PLUS I get the following error message:

Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
Warning: Product user profile information not loaded! You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM

When I try to use the CONNECT statement, it comes back with error 12203 which says that the destination could not be found, and that I should check TNSNAMES.ORA.

None of this occurred on the first installation - it all worked fine that time. What's up??

Help greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 17:19:14 CST