Re: Char-Set problem with eMail through Oracle package UTL_SMTP

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:32:53 GMT

Hi,
we are located in Germany.
Tere are at least 2 solutions :
- change the äöüß ÄÖÜ to oe, ue, ae, ss, Ae Oe Ue - use the HTML equivalent characters like =E4 for ä etc.   (create an EMail with only these characters and check    with the source code viewer what it is changed into)

Write a PL/SQL function to translate the strings to whatever you need and before they are passed to UTL_SMTP.

Ted
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:48:38 +0700, "Actiris" <actiris_at_cscoms.com> wrote:

>In one project we send generated eMails with text from a table: MESSAGE to
>people from table: RECEIVER
>The text (as it is for a german project) from table:MESSAGE contains german
>umlaut characters like (äöü).
>In the generated eMail which are sent out, these characters are turned out
>to be translated into other characters
>like l;'[.
>
>How we can avoid this problem? It seems that the Oracle package UTL_SMTP
>uses it's own character set to send the mail, but we are not sure.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
>--
>+++
>Beat Christen chbeach_at_loxinfo.co.th Phuket/Thailand

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Mon Feb 26 2001 - 10:32:53 CST