Char-Set problem with eMail through Oracle package UTL_SMTP

From: Actiris <actiris_at_cscoms.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:48:38 +0700

In one project we send generated eMails with text from a table: MESSAGE to people from table: RECEIVER
The text (as it is for a german project) from table:MESSAGE contains german umlaut characters like (äöü).
In the generated eMail which are sent out, these characters are turned out to be translated into other characters
like l;'[.

How we can avoid this problem? It seems that the Oracle package UTL_SMTP uses it's own character set to send the mail, but we are not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

--
+++
Beat Christen        chbeach_at_loxinfo.co.th     Phuket/Thailand