IDE tool

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_xlgbow.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:44:01 +0100

We currently use Power Designer 7.5 for ER modelling, and SQL Navigator 3.11 for general coding/DB maintenance. The database version, is 8.1.5 on Novell 5.10. The database has 100 tables + 30 views, and a few packages, with most of our application logic in the application layer.

My problem is this: we want to migrate the application logic into the DB, and we need a tool which would aid the design and maintenance of the new application logic, to be implemented in a number of packages. What we need is a tool which would take over the ER from Power Designer, with a design environment for the functional object model, as well as having a coding environment.

We've looked ER/Win and Oracle Designer, which are fine for ER generating the data tables, but the issue with these two (and Power Designer) is that their coding environment is reduced to a text editor, and there isn't much in the way of functional modelling.

Does anyone know of any other tools which would have a better design environment? Received on Mon Feb 26 2001 - 08:44:01 CST