Re: Oracle 7 server - Help!

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:05:54 GMT

Ralph,

 I believe that you can solve your problem as follows:

  1. Shutdown the database
  2. Copy the newer control file over the older control file. Now all of your control files will be in synch.
  3. startup mount the database
  4. issue "recover database" to resynch the datafile.
  5. issue "alter database open;"

That should work under most circumstances.

HTH,
Brian

Ralph Gibson wrote:

> I'm trying to revive a old Oracle 7.2 database
> and would appreciate any help.
> At database startup I get the message:
> "file 1 failed verifcation: /db1/db1.dbf"
> Followed by the message:
> "file is newer than control file."
>
> Now, there are 7 "datafiles" associated
> with the database and two control files.
> One control file's date matches the 6
> datafile dates. The other control file's
> date matches the "errant" datafile.
>
> It seems that I need to resynch and
> I'm not sure how to do that. Please help!?
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Ralph Gibson III

Brian Peasland