Re: SQL PLUS question

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:55:34 GMT

You can declare a variable in SQLPLUS with the variable command. The PRINT command will show you what the variable equals.

VARIABLE MyVar VARCHAR2
PRINT MyVar

And do not use ERROR as a variable. It won't work. I found out the hard way. :-(

It is all explained in the "SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference", Chapter 3, Subtitle, "Using Bind Variables".

HTH,
Brian