Re: Oracle Istance

From: Gerry Solete <gm.solete_at_pacific.net.ph>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:35:41 +0800

actually, the host string you use is locally defined on the client. your TNSNAMES.ORA holds these definitions, and you can even have duplicate references to a single instance, i.e. you can define two or more host-string or as we usually refer to them, aliases, pointing to a single instance.

gerry

""Marco Pinzuti"" <marco.pinzuti_at_consulenti.csi.it> wrote in message news:001701c09d74$d900a840$bb6a660a_at_csi.it... Can anyone tell me how it's possible to get to know which are the istances of a database? In others words I'd like to know whether it exists an Oracle table where it's possible to get the name of the HOST-STRING that Sql-Plus asks for when I'm going to connect to Database.

Thanks in advance Received on Sat Feb 24 2001 - 08:35:41 CST