Re: corrupted 8i? how to fix please?

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:12:54 GMT

You are going to have to supply more info like error messages etc. It should not be necessary to reinstall unless you have a _serious_ problem with the software and it is likely that either the setup or the database instance is not working.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:48:24 GMT, "Mart Hurst" <Wayfarergenesis_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hello, had an "unexpected" system shutdown. When rebooted have been having
>problems with my Oracle 8i (on Win98). First I couldn't access SQL Plus
>from the menu but it created a shortcut icon on the desktop which worked.
>Then the query that had worked before (and works on the system at school)
>won't work.
>
>I know that the "uninstaller" that comes with this version does not work and
>you have to go into the registry to remove files in order to uninstall
>Oracle (but I don't know how to do that) -- question: can you reinstall
>Oracle over itself without uninstalling first to replace possibly corrupted
>files?
>
>Any help/suggestions much appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mart

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Sat Feb 24 2001 - 08:12:54 CST