HELP!: ias on Linux

From: EricR <eric.richardson_at_mail.tju.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:57:34 -0500

Just received one of those mission impossible projects to investigate how ias works with Redhat Linux 6.2. Of course since I'm the DBA, my director assumed that I would be perfect for leading this project. Of course when I mentioned that my knowledge of Linux is less than nothing, he thought nothing of this, and said to use my co-op to assist me since he loves Linux.

Here's where the hard part comes in, I have to download the software from Oracle's sight, install and configure demo sight by Feb 28.

I've got a pretty good machine to work with for now, 800 Mhtz with 256 megs of ram.

My questions:
Has anyone got this configuration up and running yet? If so are there any known issues?
Any recommended Kernal settings for Linux? How is performance?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric Richardson
eric.richardson_at_jefferson.edu Received on Sat Feb 24 2001 - 08:57:34 CST