How to customize 8i client installer?

From: News <mosterman_at_highspeed.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:04:11 -0800

I am deploying Oracle 8i Client as part of a CRM package. I need to be able to customize the installation - we tried Oracle Software Packager but have not been able to get it to run (a java exception occurs).

The customizations I need to make are:

  1. Be able to install my own modified tnsnames.ora in place of the default that is installed.
  2. Prefill the Oracle Home and Path to install the client with a different name.
  3. If possible, prevent the Net8 Configurator from running at the end.

I'd like to do this without having to do Java programming. Any ideas? If files are mentioned, please include the full path to the file - Thanks! Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 16:04:11 CST