Re: oracle data engine

From: Colin Bouckaert <colinb_at_covan.be>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:19:26 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for answering my question.

At the oracle site
(http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/database/8i/index.html?persed.html) they state that the perosnal edition offers only a single use license whereas MSDE enables multiple users to logon to the databse, which is what we need.

So is it really a substitute to the MSDE or am i interpreting the single use license wrong? That is, do they mean it can only be used by a single user, but multiple users can log on to it?

thanks,

Serge Desmedt