Re: OTRACE73.DLL errors

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:15:18 +0100

Comments embedded below

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:51:20 -0000, "Jack" <No_at_Mail.Please> wrote:

>1. I'm getting errors when connecting using SQL*Net version 7.3.4

*Which* errors exactly?

It looks like you want to disable oracle_trace. In order to do so you need to make sure you have the line oracle_trace_enable=false in your init.ora

>I'm told that the problem is a buggy OTRACE73.DLL

Who told you so?

>2. The trouble is that when I run Oracle Un-installer on NT it crushers
>midway

You have a non-Y2K compatible version of the installer. You need to get an Y2K compatible version.

>Can I just manually delete OTRACE73.DLL?

As Oracle 7.3 has been desupported, it doesn't really matter. However, do you really believe it won't be called anymore when you 'just delete it'. Most likely your problem only aggravates.