Oracle traffic & the SP switch

From: John Skyner <jskyner_at_jtc-computing.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:51:40 -0000

Are there any Oracle_traffic_over_the_SP_switch gurus out there?

I'm having a small problem and wonder if you may have the answer:

I have a two node cluster: One is a database server and the other an application server.

Most clients access the application via the application server, which doesn't cause a problem.

However, there are a few clients who need to access the database directly, via SQLNet. Here's where I have the problem:

I want to listen on the switch card which, as you know, is not accessible outside of the SP framework. If I configure the listener to listen on the internal ethernet, which is the same as listening on the switch, the database will accept connections from any incoming request, such as the public tokenring network or even the switch. If I listen on the switch, however, only connection requests made via the switch will be honoured.

Why won't Oracle accept external requests, when listening on the switch, when it will accept external requests when listening on the internal ethernet?

How do I get around this?

Please Cc a copy of your reply posting directly via e-mail, for speed.

Many thanks in advance,

John Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 17:51:40 CST