oracle data engine

From: Colin Bouckaert <colinb_at_covan.be>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:04:16 GMT

Hi,

At my job we're currently using ms-access as a database. However, we are experiencing some problems and are considering to switch to a server based database system.

So naturally the SQL-server oracle question pops up !

microsoft has it's database engine for sql server available to developers who are then free to ditribute it (MSDE, see at URL http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/msde/default.asp) . It's a kind of mini sql server without the userinterface but which you can logon to with different users. The footprint of this is very small and it looks like an ideal in-between solution for people like us needing a server model, but not the full package. Then later, when the application grows, we can upgrade rather easily (they claim at microsoft).

and now the big question:

does oracle have a similar product and where can i find information about it?

thanks very much,

Serge Desmedt Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 02:04:16 CST