Re: tnsnames - alias ends in a period

From: <hanton32_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2001 16:46:22 GMT

I cannot tnsping the server.

I have tried re-creating the tnsnames.ora using the Net 8 Configuration Assistant but still can't tnsping the Oracle server.

I suspect there is something wrong with the way the alias is created...I think it gets pulled in from my domain...the alias created is named 'alias.tbd.name.' ???\

tbd - to be determined ??

hani