Re: how to work with 8ilite on a stand-alone notebook/PC?

From: Karl-Stephan Werkmeister <kastwerk_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:55:14 +0100

Jan Burgers schrieb:

> What I did is configuring the Oracle ODBC driver (Start/Settings/Control
> Panel) [...] I changed the Default
> Isolation Level to Read Committed and Autocommit to On.
> [...] Only thing is that at start up the
> Internetconnect screen appears. I still have to solve that problem.

Hi Jan,

sorry for my late answer.
Reconfiguring the ODBC driver didn't help me. But finally, the solution was very simple:
There was a nameserver set in my (ethernet) network setting that I had to remove. Now everything works perfectly. Buu I wonder why Oracle (Lite) is looking for a nameserver on ODBC connects. Obviously it isn't needed.

Stephan Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:55:14 CST