OCINumber vs character strings

From: Ben Newman <ben_at_no.spam.velara.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:04:40 GMT

All,

Can anyone comment on the relative dis/advantages of fetching data as an OCINumber as opposed to a character string? I need to convert these types into regular ANSI datatypes anyway, so I'm trying to determine what the best way to do it is: use standard C conversion routines or let Oracle handle it. As far as I can tell, there is no loss in precision either way.

I cannot get the data directly as native binary data because Oracle does not seem to support 64 bit numbers (long long or double) directly. Perhaps I missed someting, though.

--b Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 15:04:40 CST