Re: Novice question about oracle 8.1.7 for windows!

From: 95459906 <95459906_at_moscow.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:44:19 +0800

Hi!
Thanks for all yours replies first!
Should I go wrong as I've just installed only oracle client CD on my desktop, for the operation of sql+ in oracle system or any operations, should it be necessary to involve client/server interaction? The problem is I just install client part of oracle system on my desktop, so I have no any sample/starter database to access result in failing to access to sql+ interpreter!? As a novice who want to practise sql+ at home, should I download the standard/enterprise or personal editon? By the way, what's the differences between them? Anyway, thanks for all kindly help/suggestions!

best regards,

Laurence