BSD?

From: Louis LeBlanc <leblanc_at_acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:46:53 GMT

Hey all.

Right off the bat, I should say that I am not an Oracle dude, nor am I a database person. I am, however, working on a project that requires the Oracle OCI libraries. We build on Solaris 2.x and are exploring the possibility of moving to an Intel platform. Solaris X86 is not an option, mostly because we prefer either Linux or FreeBSD. Linux is easy - in fact there was practically nothing to it once we got the libraries.

The problem is that I cannot find anything that says definitively, wether Oracle is available for FreeBSD. The backend will not be changing, usually Sun or HP hardware, but the client side must be on Linux or FreeBSD. Once we have this, we can choose one over the other.

Any idea how the OCI libraries can be used on BSD? Do I need to build it all on Linux and run in Linux compatible mode on FreeBSD, or can I build on FreeBSD with the Linux libraries?

TIA
Lou Received on Sun Feb 18 2001 - 14:46:53 CST