Re: newbie needs help with SQL Loader

From: j_beverly <j_beverly_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 01:01:49 GMT

I'm a beginner myself, but I'd suggest you look at the answers to these questions and if you don't find the reason for the problem, post more details and ask again.

How many fields do you have in your table and what are they? (Why do you only have "Cusip" and "Issuer_name" in your control file, but your error refers to a "ISSUE_DATE"?)

Do any of the records load? (e.g. 2-3 & 5-10)

What does the data (in 'test.txt') look like? Is there valid data there for any fields with a NOT NULL constraint?