Re: Lack of performance using utl_smtp

From: Alexei Olkhovskii <aolkhov_at_messages.to>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:19:59 -0800

Martin Kleinman <mkleinman-nospam-_at_desyde.nl> wrote in:vm7j6.3$Mq2.816_at_psinet-eu-nl...

> I'm using utl_smtp to send emails out of the database, but I'm having
> serious performance troubles.
> I'm sending the exact same email to 800 persons, when I send it it will
 take
> approx 150 minutes to complete this task.
> I've measured it and utl_smtp only sends approx 5 messages each minute!!!

Delays may be caused by DNS when your smtp host tries to determine the sender's
name. Make sure your oracle box is listed in /etc/hosts on the smtp box.

Regards, Alexei
.. All true wisdom is found on T-shirts Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 15:19:59 CST