Re: Lack of performance using utl_smtp

From: Martin Kleinman <mkleinman-nospam-_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:33:20 -0800

> Maybe your SMTP-Server has a dns-problem. The smtp-server connects to
 every
> external host you are sending a mail. If the dns setup is not correct,
 this
> may take some time. Is it an external SMTP-Server or internal? If
 internal,
> try to trace or ping some external servers from the smtp-server itself. If
> internal mails are fast, this is not a UTL_SMTP - problem.

its an internal server on the network. I've contacted the domain administrator and our dns is working correct. Only thing we could see is that our uplink is slow (first hop to our provider sometimes takes 2 seconds!).

We are moving to another provider anyway (and migrate from 128kbit to 2mbit), that will help also I think ;]

Thanks for your answers!

regards,
Martin Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 14:33:20 CST