Re: Lack of performance using utl_smtp

From: Martin Kleinman <mkleinman-nospam-_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:15:37 -0800

> yep, I had the same problem. Increased Java-Pool up to 50M and the main
> thing was the HELO-String. The performance of the system dramatically
> inreased (5 Mails a second) as I changed the HELO-command to the name of
 the
> smtp-host. like this:
>
> smtp := UTL_SMTP.Open_Connection( SMTP_Host);
>
> UTL_SMTP.HELO( smtp, SMTP_Host );

I've tried this but it didn't help.

Java-Pool is already 50M and my Helo command already looks like this :

UTL_SMTP.HELO( smtp, 'mail.desyde.nl' );

I've tested internal and external addresses, and it seems internal addresses do work at very high speeds (10 - 20 mails a second), but as soon as I call an external domain with where p_email_address is on another domain.

With this the performance drops tremendous.

any ideas? incorrect configured mailserver?

tl_smtp.rcpt( l_connection, p_email_address ); Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 14:15:37 CST