Re: Line numbers in PL/SQL

From: Clemens Hoffmann <choffmann_at_heeg.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:47:01 +0100

"Sean" <dolans_at_my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:961gts$g73$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Platform: Oracle 8.1.7 on NT 2000
>
> When you get an ORA error from a PL/SQL package and it says it occurred
> on "line 375", from where in the package does it start? Does it
> include the package declaration as part of the line count or does it
> start within the body and count down from there?
>
> Is there a "quick" way to see the line at which the procedure is dying?

Hi Sean,

a pretty dirty but usefull way to get the numbers is to save them while installing the package

set spool <some file name>
set echo on

set spool off
set echo off

This will save the package code together with the line numbers to a file.

Later you can load it into a word processor and view or print it when searching the error

Greetings

    Clemens Hoffmann Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 02:47:01 CST