Re: ORA-01546 Can't take rollback tablespace offline

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:49:09 -0600

Taking a rollback segment offline while transactions are pending is unwise...Far better to kill any sessions and then take it offline...Even better is to kill sessions, shutdown instance( immediate) , re-start instance in restricted mode, take rollback segment away, modify the init<sid>.ora if needed, then re-start...

Just my 2c...