Cannot create directories when creating database

From: Chris Bordeman <chris_at_autoboatrv.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:31:48 -0600

Hiyall,

I am brand spankin' new to Oracle, just downloaded 8i and now I am trying to create a
database for my app to access. (I am using Windows 2000 latest SP)

As far as I can see, the only way to do this is to use the Database Configuration Assistant to create it or generate a batch file to do so. But, when I try to do either, at the beginning of the creation process or after it says the dialog says it will save as "C:\db\createdb.bat" (for instance), it always gives an error about not being able to create directories.

I don't have anything limited access and am running under an account with administrative rights.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, in my desktop standalone app how do I do tasks like creating the database and administration, do I have to use this batch file?

Thanks!

Chris Received on Thu Feb 15 2001 - 15:31:48 CST